TO DIY FOR
Keep the tradition of decorating the tree alive by using these pretty DIYs.
December 12, 2016
A problem arises every year during the tradition of decorating the tree. As fun as the tradition is, it is a struggle not to use the same basic ornaments and garlands once again. Here are two adorable DIYs that can help to make your tree look creative this year. These DIYs are from www.gimmesomeoven.com and www.thegoldjellybean.com.
- Colorful sprinkles
- Clear varnish
- Clear ornaments
- Ornament hangers
- Dixie cups
- Funnel/ziplock bag
- Start by pouring a little bit of varnish into the ornament, you just need enough varnish to be able to coat the inside of the ornament, so about one teaspoon.
- Take the ornament in your hand and slowly swirl the varnish around so that it covers the entire inside surface area of the ornament.
- Then, turn the ornament upside down and let it drain into the dixie cup for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the ornaments are ready, use a funnel or a ziplock bag to pour the sprinkles into the ornament.
- Once the sprinkles are in, gently swirl them around to coat the inside.
- Then, place the topper back on, with your desired hanger.
- Repeat with a variety of sprinkles.
Bowtie Pasta Garland
- Bowtie pasta
- White glue
- Paint brush
- First, brush the pasta with glue, giving it a nice thick coat.
- Then, cover the pasta with glitter.
- After the glittered bows have dried completely, simply tie them onto string.
- Repeat with as many bows as you’d like, making sure to secure each one with a double knot.
Decorate your Christmas tree with these beautiful DIYs!