The Legend

GRILLED CHEESE GALLERY

The GCG is reinventing everyone’s favorite cheese sandwich.

Eda Kutsal, Copy Editor

There are few things in life more heartwarmingly satisfying than a gooey grilled cheese sandwich. A timeless favorite no matter young or old, it is hard to imagine that something so perfect could be improved further; however, lo and behold, it already has been.
Located in West Palm Beach’s Northwood Village District, The Grilled Cheese Gallery has taken the city by storm with its countless spins on this age old classic. The small, but quaint eatery has made it its mission to turn the grilled cheese into a modern masterpiece.
The Grilled Cheese Gallery menu offers an endless amount of choices for its customers ranging from the classic homemade grilled cheese to a Japanese inspired, ramen and kimchi filled sandwich fittingly deemed, The Japanese Mac Daddy. For those who would rather keep it safe, the menu includes much more tame sandwiches including the Southern Belle, a sandwich stuffed with chicken, swiss and pepperjack, and organic lettuce. The restaurant also offers several different kinds of poutine, a dish of french fries topped with cheese and gravy, and delectable salads as well.
Although the dairy-free and gluten-free crowd may squirm at the thought of eating somewhere that celebrates the very existence of cheese and bread, they can rest easy knowing that even those with dietary restrictions can get in on all the grilled cheese goodness. The restaurant offers a choice of gluten-free bread and vegan cheese for anyone who may request a substitution.
Of course, nothing completes a meal without dessert and they certainly have not forgotten about that. Here, not only are the sandwiches given a modern twist, but so are the desserts. Featuring local soft serve ice cream, The Grilled Cheese Gallery churns out several different, sky high cones (and cups) of ice cream sprinkled with all sorts of toppings. One of their more whimsical creations include the Saturday Morning Cartoons cone. The waffle cone is filled to the brim with vanilla ice cream and served with nostalgic cereals on top such as Cookie Crisp, Fruity Pebbles, and Cap’N Crunch. For chocolate lovers, The Grilled Cheese Gallery also creates a cone called “All Black Everything” that features chocolate ice cream, chocolate sprinkles, hot fudge and a decadent brownie on top.
As the new school year rolls in, find solace at The Grilled Cheese Gallery to make every obstacle feel like a brie(eze).