FULL SPEED AHEAD

The Suncoast Girls Track Team is representing the Suncoast Chargers at the County Meet on Thursday April 6, 2017 at Jupiter High School.

Patrick Brannen, Staff Writer

The Suncoast girls track team has a history of excellence. They have made it past regionals for consecutive years. The girl’s running and throwing team have once again risen up to the challenge and proven that they are a dangerous team to meet. Due to their outstanding performances the girls track team is heading off to the county meet.
Last week was the conference meet at Cardinal Newman High School. The Suncoast Charger Girls team dominated the every event in the meet. They received first, second, and third in multiple events. By the end of the meet, the girl’s running team achieved first place, establishing their dominance and qualifying them for the county meet.
At the county meet, the girls track team will face some of the toughest and most dominant teams in all of Palm Beach County. Nevertheless, the new members of the girls team, especially the throwers, have made a huge impact to the whole girls team, making them strong contenders. The throwing captain Brittany Brown achieved second place in Shotput and first place in Disc in the Conference meet. In addition, Oneilia Swaby achieved second place in Disc. The two of them helped give the girls team the edge they needed to achieve first place in the conference meet. Track Captain Annie Allmark hopes that “ by the time districts come around the girls team is ready to defend their title, which I know we can if we put our minds to it. And from there on move as many relay teams and individuals on in the States Series”.
After the meet, it was clear that the Suncoast girls running team is the team to beat in the County Meet coming up on April 6. Track Captain Annie Allmark stated “I definitely want to qualify in the 1600m and with the 4×800 team for states. I also want to break the school record with my girls 4x800m relay team. And qualifying for the 800m for states would be like the icing on the cake for me. Along this process I want to enjoy every moment since it is my last high school season, and I want to make the best of it with my teammates and coaches”. With everything established at the track meet on Thursday, they are a team to watch out for in district meet and beyond.